Is it really time to refresh your website?
Discover why it’s important to keep your website fresh and updated – you could be losing potential customers!
When was the last time you checked out your website or even your competitors’?
A website is one of the most important things that represent your organization. It might be one of the first places a potential prospect or other companies learn about your products or services.
There are several benefits to owning a website. Customers can “visit” the business at any time and from any location. Potential customers can get to find out more about your products, services and even prices.
A website becomes your hub of information to serve all your clients’ needs – within one single platform.
A well-optimized website helps with the consumer experience as well as saves time for your company.
Some businesses prefer to build their websites to save cost, but we advocate hiring a web development firm. Investing in establishing your company strategy will save you time, difficulties, and other unforeseen complications.
We’re all aware that having a well-balanced website is critical. However, to effectively maintain your brand’s image (regardless if you’re self-employed or a multi-national organization, the website must be continually updated.
What exactly is a website refresh, and what are the key indicators that it is time to update your website?
A website refresh is comparable to renovating your house or office – you may not need to do an overhaul. The same thing might happen to your website. Your firm’s aims, goods, services, or prices may not have been the same as when you originally established the company.
Every website is different. Some of them, like eCommerce websites, require more frequent updates than others. It is determined by a variety of criteria, including the kind of your firm and the number of items and services it provides.
It is critical to remember that refreshing your website does not imply revamping it. It is an easier approach than a total revamp.
Redesigning a website may take some time and involves more complex adjustments – and cost. Whereas refreshing the website might involve minor changes such as altering the typefaces or adding or updating the content.
You may be wondering when it is appropriate to update your website. It is advised that you do it at least once a year. However, if you spot certain signs, it may then be time to refresh your website.
The following are key signs that the website should be refreshed without further delay:
- Dull-looking: as mentioned earlier, if your website design is significantly backdated as compared to your competitors, you could be losing potential clients. No, I’m not joking. A well-designed website is a leading indicator of a “good” company. Imagine if Apple didn’t update their website, they would lose credibility.
- High bounce rate: if your visitors leave upon clicking your link, it could indicate that your website has a poor user experience. Consumers have been pampered by modern websites so much so that they rank (subconsciously) well-designed websites with a higher trust level. Imagine seeing a website that dates to the 90s, you wouldn’t trust it yourself, would you?
- Low conversion rate: you noticed that the average time spent is significant, but you aren’t getting any conversions from your visitors. This indicator is tricky, but you will need to tune and adjust it to see what works. Perhaps your content requires an update or the Call-to-Action section hasn’t been optimized.
- Correct listings: Your website’s products or services must always be updated to what you are currently offering. We have seen websites which offer products that the companies no longer offer. It is also crucial to keep your website stock up to date if you’re running an eCommerce store.
Low on budget? Try these quick actions to refresh your website as much as you can:
- Change the colour tone of your website to match your branding guideline
- Change the font types
- Update your products or services on your website
- Upload the latest images
- Enhance your website’s navigation
Do not underestimate these minor improvements, they may just increase your website’s performance by 30%.
A website refresh, like any other home improvement job, may improve its performance significantly – even with minor changes here and there.
The simple “upgrades” which we discussed require only minimal time and money but doing anything more can result in a website overhaul.
If you picture yourself in that situation, it is preferable to review your requirements. Going for a minor website refresh when you really need a complete website redesign may end up costing you more in the long run.
Hence, it’s a good idea to update your website every year. Polishing your website’s appearance, usability, and content will guarantee that it stays modern and fresh. A fresh appearance may be more beautiful, easier to browse for your consumer, and may even improve the user experience.
When in doubt, it is always recommended to consult a web development service.
Are you getting the results you want from your website? Uxible offers first-rate website design services to assist you to reach out to your ideal consumers, creating more leads, and expanding your reach.